A Storm or Loaves and Fish
For Discussion (Questions taken from Narration 30 of The Story of God and Man):
- After Jesus multiplied the bread and fish, many people followed him. Why did they follow him? (They followed him because he fed them. They wanted to make him king, hoping that he would provide for them and free them from the rule of the Romans.)
- Why did Jesus refuse to be their king? (Jesus knew that they didn’t want to be saved from Satan, sin and death. They only wanted a king who would give them earthly things.)
- The night that Jesus was in the boat with his disciples, who did the storm obey? (The storm obeyed Jesus.)
- Many people said, “Truly, this is the prophet that was promised by God.” And Jesus’ disciples said, “Surely you are the Son of God,” and “Who is this, that even the wind and waves obey him?” Perhaps you, too, have begun to ask yourselves, “Who is this Jesus?” Think about it!
For more information on the tradition of using a Jesse Tree for Advent, please visit this Squidoo page!
For yesterday’s reading, click here.
To proceed to December 25th, click here.
For access to all the Jesse Tree readings, click here.
Main Resources used for this Jesse Tree Study:
* The Story of God and Man a booklet that goes through “narrations” of scripture, starting at the beginning, and brings you through a biblical worldview while building up the story of our Savior. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for details about getting a copy.
*CRI’s Jesse Tree Scripture Reading List