The Book of Jonah or a Child’s Story BookMain Ideas:
It’s very interesting to me to compare the people who heard the prophet Jonah’s message in Ninevah with those who heard Noah’s warnings before the Flood. The Word of God is accepted by those whose hearts are ready. Perhaps this morning you could pray that God would prepare the hearts of our loved ones who don’t know Him — that they will be ready to accept His Word.
1. What do you see of the attributes of God in these verses?
2. Jonah tried to run away from God. Is it possible to hide from God? Why or why not?
3. When Jonah went to Ninevah, what was the message he preached to them?
4. What did the people do when they heard this message?
For more information on the tradition of using a Jesse Tree for Advent, please visit this Squidoo page!
For yesterday’s reading, click here.
To proceed to December 15th, click here.
For access to all the Jesse Tree readings, click here.
Main Resources used for this Jesse Tree Study:
* The Story of God and Man a booklet that goes through “narrations” of scripture, starting at the beginning, and brings you through a biblical worldview while building up the story of our Savior. Email me at email@example.com for details about getting a copy.